Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dates of the Promotion?
The Barclays Small Business Big Wins Contest befgins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on October 8, 2020. All entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2020. See the Timing Chart in the Official Rules for more details.
- Who can enter?
Promotion is open to Small Businesses located in the US that are owned by a U.S. legal resident of the 50 US States including D.C. who are 18 years of age or older. Additional criteria are outlined in the Eligibility section of the Official Rules.
- What do I have to do to enter?
Click “Share Your Story” button or the “Registration” link which both go to the “Register Here” Page and:
(1) Provide the requested registration information;
(2) Tell us how the events of 2020 affected your business, its impact, and your perseverance and creativity during the challenging times in less than five hundred (500) words;
(3) Upload an original photograph that helps illustrate your story/idea/thoughts and emotions in response to the events of 2020 in the submission;
(4) Read and accept the Official Rules;
(5) Click the “Submit” button.
- What are the entry content guidelines?
You must follow the Entry & Photo requirements and guidelines found in the Official Rules, including:
- Story must be written in English.
- Story must not exceed five hundred (500) words.
- Story must be the original work of the Small Business owner.
- Maximum File Size: 1MB.
- Photo Formats: .GIF, .JPG or .PNG file formats.
- Photo must be an original and owned by the Entrant.
- How is the winner determined?
All eligible Entries received will be evaluated by a panel of judges according to the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to theme (30 points)
- Demonstration of perseverance, creativity &/or innovation (30 points)
- Impact on/or Inspiration to others &/or community (30 points)
- Tell us what you would do with the money if you won (5 points)
- Clear expression of your experience (5 points)
- Can I enter more than once?
No, there is a limit of 1 entry per Small Business.
- What can I win?
One (1) Grand Prize: $50,000 cash.
One (1) 2nd Place Prize: $25,000 cash.
One (1) 3rd Place Prize: $15,000.
(7) Runner-Up Prizes: $5,000 each.
Fifty (50) Prizes: $1,000 cash.
- I am unable to upload my photo.
Make sure that the photo you are submitting is a .GIF, .JPG or .PNG file format and not exceeding 1MB. If you have a slow Internet connection your upload may be timing out due to a large file size. Consider editing your photo to make the file size smaller and try again.
- I entered but I don’t see my entry in the Gallery. Did you get it?
Entries can take up to 72 hours to be reviewed before posting to the Gallery. If you don't see your entry after that time, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Once I register for the promotion, how will my entry be used?
By entering, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant grants to the Sponsor and their agents and assigns in perpetuity the irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, separate, dub, adapt, publish, combine with other material, reuse, adapt, and exploit the content of and elements embodied in the Submission in any and all media, including but not limited to paper format, digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation.
- Have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, review the Official Rules for all terms and conditions applicable to the Sweepstakes. If you can’t find the answer to your question there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.